- Helps take the sting out of minor burns and sunburn.
- Relieve red, irritated skin and soothes itching.
- Perfect for use after shaving and waxing.
- A powerhouse of essential oils choosen for their ability to soothe.
- Alcohol and fragrance free
- Keep in fridge for an extra cooling effect.
- Use like a hair serum to your split ends for an instant shine & long lasting rejuvenation.
- Place a moistened cotton pad with our soothing gel on puffed up eyes for a cooling effect.
Mel (Manuka Honey) UMF15
Some Manuka Honey has unique healing factors. This is known as UMF Unique Manuka Factor which refers to the level of antibacterial activity. This factor provides an additional potent anti-bacterial action on top of the usual antibacterial abilities of all honeys.
Manuka UMF has also been shown to diffuse deeper into skin tissues.
Manuka honey is tested for its level of activity and issued a number. So a rating of 10 indicates the same level of antiseptic potency of a 10% solution of Phenol (carbolic disinfectant). The higher the rating, the higher the level of activity.
All the Manuka used in Apicare products has been tested and certified by an independent laboratory.
In addition to its antibacterial abilities, Manuka honey has been shown to be deeply penetrating and hygroscopic (attracts moisture to it), and therefore, very hydrating. It has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties and has demonstrated the ability to accelerate tissue repair, aiding in skin repair and the reduction of scarring.
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract
Aloe Vera has long been considered an effective soothing and healing ingredient for the treatment of burns and skin injuries. Research has identified several reasons why Aloe Vera aids wound healing. It has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral compounds that help prevent wound infections and assist with wound healing. In addition it contains immune-stimulating and anti-inflammatory compounds, which stimulate collagen synthesis and skin regeneration. Aloe Vera gel contains Vitamins A,B12 and E, plus the minerals zinc, magnesium and calcium, fatty acids, amino acids and is naturally rich in Vitamin C.